Your personal data privacy is important to us and Connect Exposition Asia operates under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. is highly committed in respecting and managing personal data collected through our websites. This includes Connect Exposition Asia website www.connectexposition.com as well as all Connect Exposition Asia events' websites listed here: https://connectexposition.com/#events
We respect your privacy and we will use reasonable endeavours:
- to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to reasonably protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide better service;
- to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data;
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or any lawful request of any enforcement agencies or we have previously informed you.
By using any of Connect Exposition Asia’s event websites you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of your Personal Data collected, used and disclosed via the Sites. You acknowledge and agree (on your own behalf and duly authorised on behalf of any third party whose details you supply) that you have been informed of the purpose of the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information, that you agree that it is reasonable.
You expressly consent to the use, collection and (where required) disclosure of your Personal Data for any of the below mentioned purposes.
The references to Personal Information or information "you" or "your" include references to Personal Data and information about your employees, representatives, agents, directors, officers, or relevant parties whose details you have provided us with, and those of your affiliates and subsidiaries and sub-contractors, and those of any third party whose details you supply to Connect Exposition Asia.
In order to provide better service to you and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, we may collect certain information when you register with us or communicate with us. In the process, we may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. Where notified, some of the requested information is mandatory and some you may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the requested service. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting our trade fairs
- facilitating and enhancing our operations by incorporating the personal data into our database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data
- promoting and notifying you of our trade fairs in Thailand and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by Connect Exposition Asia
- distributing publications and research materials of our company
- marketing our services or products
- if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
We intend to use your personal data, including your name, email address and physical address, to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to our trade fairs in Thailand and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by Connect Exposition Asia, as well as the promotion of our services via email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. We will not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent to the said intended use. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply telling us through the below contact details, and we will cease to do so, without charge.
What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
Connect Exposition Asia collects the following Personal Data through different event websites (organised by Connect Exposition Asia only) for example:
- Mailing addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Telephone numbers;
- ID/Passport numbers if applicable
- Photos and videos;
- Bank account details and credit card details, if needed;
- Curriculum Vitae’s, if required; and
Where and when do we collect Personal Data?
Connect Exposition Asia operates under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you submit forms to event website organised by Connect Exposition Asia only, whether online or in either softcopy or hardcopy, relating to any of our products and services (such as reserving and/or booking an exhibition space or booth package);
- When expressing interest in and/or applying to become a sponsor or partner, including media partnerships;
- When indicating interest to participate in one of our conferences as a speaker, panellist, moderator or delegate;
- When registering to attend as a trade or public visitor at one of our trade events or exhibitions;
- When subscribing to our mailing list, electronic or otherwise, or through social network platforms, etc.;
- When you respond to any of our marketing promotions, telemarketing campaigns or research surveys;
- When using or logging onto any of Connect Exposition Asia organised event’s mobile apps;
- When you apply to be listed in any Connect Exposition Asia organised event’s publicly available event catalogues; and
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
For what purposes do we collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data?
Connect Exposition Asia operates under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. may use the information we collect from you through any of the event website (organised by Connect Exposition Asia only) for any of the following purposes:
To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a purchase from us or sign up for a tradeshow either as an exhibitor or a visitor with us. This includes:
- Verifying your identity;
- To handle your products and services requests and enquiries (including payments for our products and services by way of credit card payment or any other method);
- Communicating with you;
- Delivering the product or service which you purchased;
- To manage customer relationships and updating of our databases; and
- Providing after-sales and any other relevant support to you.
Where we have a legitimate interest. This includes:
- Where we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- Where we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- Monitoring use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline; and
- Conducting industry market research, analysis and analytics;
Where you give us consent:
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To send regular e-newsletters (clear instructions are included at the bottom of every e-newsletter for easy un-subscribing at any point in time.);
- For marketing, telemarketing and publicity purposes;
- To communicate with you on any updates and progress of the subscription/events you signed-up for;
- To manage and execute customer sweepstakes, marketing promotions and contests;
- For recruitment purposes if you apply for a job with us, i.e. to determine your suitability for a job;
- For government, tax, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
For purposes which are required by law:
- Where we need parental consent to provide online services to children under 16. However, most of our websites are not designed for children under 16; and
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation;
On occasion, we may use third-party agents and service providers, including partners, associations, chambers of commerce, vendors, sub-contractors any other third parties which Connect Exposition Asia operates under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. might engage from time to time, to assist us in the use of your data as outlined above. We will notify you if we use such agents or service providers. By your submission of your Personal Data to us after such notification, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
How do I consent to the collection and use of my Personal Data?
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, Connect Exposition Asia operating under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
Do we disclose Personal Data to third parties?
Yes, on occasion, we may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under "C. For what purposes do we collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data". You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on our Sites.
We will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Thailand unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
For how long are we going to retain my Personal Data?
We will cease to retain personal data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
Connect Exposition Asia operating under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information, including Personal Data. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems.
Your information will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and encrypted with appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, Connect Exposition Asia operating under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
What if you move on to third party websites through links from our website?
Whom can you contact to get access to, withdraw consent or to update or correct your Personal Data?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent, Connect Exposition Asia operating under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd. may not be able to continue to provide you with products and services as well as information and advertising of industry events staged by Connect Exposition Asia operating under Connect Solution Thailand Co., Ltd.
Please contact us via [email protected] should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data.
Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and / or disclosure is requested.
How can you contact our Data Protection Officer ("DPO")?
You can contact our DPO via [email protected] if you are concerned about the handling of your Personal Data, or if you have any complaints or queries related to your Personal Data.
This policy may be updated from time to time. Please refer to the date below with regards to when it was last updated.